Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Grants for Emerging Film Artists sponsored by The Vasant and Champa Patel Foundation
Carolina Film Community is presenting the first in a series of filmmaking grants sponsored by The Vasant and Champa Patel Foundation
The winner of this grant will be awarded $5,000! Details of the requirements and distribution of funds are below.
Opens: April 7th, 2020
Closes: July 7th, 2020, 11:59pm
Level 1: CFC Advisory Council and Board Members (semi-finalists)
Level 2: Inclusive panel of 4 industry professionals outside of the Carolinas (finalists)
Level 3: Vasant and Champa Patel will provide final approval (winner)
- Applicant must be a creative artist looking for necessary funds to complete a creative project that will catapult their career as a Filmmaker forward.
- Applicant must not be a member of the CFC Board or Advisory Council.
- Applicant may submit as an individual, as part of a team, or as either a single or a partnership of corporate entities.
- PG-13 MPAA rating or lower
- Socially positive
Documentary or Narrative
Maximum 35 minutes
USE OF GRANT
For the turnkey production of one short film.
DELIVERY OF FUNDS
- 50% of total grant to be transferred before the start of production.
- 25% of total grant to be transferred upon delivery of a rough cut of the film.
- 25% of total grant to be transferred upon of a final edit of the film.
- Must deliver final edit of the film within 6 months of winning the grant.
- Must review feedback given by CFC board, council members, judges and Vasant Patel upon delivery of rough cut.
- Downloadable mp4 via wetransfer, google drive, vimeo, or dropbox.
- CFC logo in the end credits to be displayed for a runtime of at least 1 second.
- Filmmaker must report any submissions, acceptances, or awards received to CFC through an email containing a document of proof produced by the organization being submitted to, and a photo of the filmmaker with any award received.
- Filmmaker must report any delays in production and the reasons for the delays to CFC.
- CFC reserves the right to promote the film and its Filmmaker(s), including the use of the Filmmaker’s bio; headshot; relevant links; photos of the Filmmaker, cast, crew or production; bio’s of the cast and crew; any marketing material produced by the Filmmaker, cast, or crew related to this film; and any press, to the press and through its own social media pages, webpages, on any other marketing material, or by holding a public or private screening either digitally or in person.
- CFC allows the Filmmaker to retain screening premiere rights for 1 year after delivery of the final cut for the purpose of submitting to film festivals which require premiere rights.
DELIVERY OF MARKETING MATERIAL
- Filmmaker must deliver at least 1 fully edited video of at least 1 minute of behind the scenes footage that would receive a PG rating by the MPAA, along with delivery of the rough cut of their film.
- Filmmaker must deliver at least 12 raw photos of the cast and crew behind the scenes along with delivery of the rough cut of their film.
- Script for Narratives, Treatment for Documentaries
- Statement from Filmmaker(s)
- Bio of Filmmaker and any Attached Cast and Crew
- Reel or link to 1-3 films made by Filmmaker(s)
- 1-2 References
Please send an email with application requirements to email@example.com
Feel free to copy the following bullet points into an email and be sure to provide notes for each point.
1. Script for Narratives, Treatment for Documentaries
2. Statement from Filmmaker(s)
3. Bio of Filmmaker and any Attached Cast and Crew
6. Reel or link to 1-3 films made by Filmmaker(s)
7. 1-2 References
CFC's 11-Year Anniversary Postponed
In light of recent events and in an effort to contain the virus COVID-19, we will be rescheduling our April Anniversary event to May 12th. We look forward to celebrating our 11th year of Carolina Film Community with everyone then!
In the meantime, please take good care of yourselves and enjoy watching as much FILM as you can during this time.
P.S. If there are any of our members that are in special need during this time, please reach out to let one of our leaders know, and we will be there to help you. You can find our CFC leadership here with email addresses should you need anything.
Charlotte, NC – The Carolina Film Community is pleased to announce their red carpet hosts for this year’s “Made in Carolina’s”, the only film contest featuring films made exclusively by, for and in the Carolinas: Vasant and Champa Patel!
Hailing from Charlotte by way of India, Vasant and Champa Patel are no strangers to the film industry, having been major supporters of their son and daughter’s surprise hit documentary, “Meet the Patels”. After exploding on the festival circuit in 2015, the film went to Netflix before getting picked up for the development of a narrative feature through Fox Searchlight last year. While son Ravi and daughter Geeta continue their careers in and out of Hollywood, parents Vasant and Champa are enjoying their own moment in the spotlight. Having been through the struggle themselves, the couple have lots of wisdom to offer other concerned parents of kids who want to take the “non-traditional” route of entering a career in the arts.
“It’s the difference between a hobby and a career,” says Vasant. “That’s why it’s so important for us as a community to support these filmmakers. I see the need because you never live life fully when you don’t follow your talent.” A budding actor himself, Vasant is attending the Full Blown Film Festival this year to support a film in which he played a small role. He also recently wrapped on a local Carolina filmmaker’s debut feature film, “A Small Problem”. Vasant will be speaking at the Charlotte Unconventional Film School next Thursday, August 29th, to aspiring filmmakers and actors about his experience.
This Friday, August 23rd at 11am EST, Vasant will be sharing a Facebook live with Juli Emmons, the Founder and President of the Made in Carolina’s and of its hosting nonprofit, the Carolina Film Community.. A vibrant supporter of building the local filmmaking arts community, Vasant is sponsoring the “Best Directing”’ award this year for the Made in Carolina’s. “There’s a lot of film talent in this area, a lot is happening here,” he nods. “You gotta try. If you don’t try you never succeed.”
Tomorrow’s livestream is to bring awareness to the Carolina Film Community’s current “#10for10for10” Facebook fundraiser, launched yesterday. “Ten dollars, ten donors, ten days”, the campaign is running the last ten days of August. All the money raised goes towards the nonprofit Carolina Film Community, whose goal for 2019 is to put $10,000 back into the local filmmaking community to support the creation of locally-made independent film. Donate and share the Facebook fundraiser.
Celebrating their 10th year serving the local film scene, the Carolina Film Community hosts the “Made in Carolina’s” as the only film contest made exclusively by, for and in the Carolina’s. This year’s event will be held on Tuesday September 10th, at the Epicenter in Charlotte, NC, and the audience will vote to decide who wins! Red carpet begins at 6pm, and screenings begin at 7pm. Buy tickets.
Over the past ten years the Made in Carolinas has shown over a hundred locally-made short films by new and aspiring independent filmmakers, and given away over $25,000 to support their creation. The Carolina Film Community as a nonprofit is a dedicated resource to the film arts community in Charlotte North Carolina. It advocates for film in both North and South Carolina, and offers education and networking as a hub for the local industry.
The Carolina Film Community is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. All donations are tax-deductible. All proceeds go to putting on the Made in Carolina’s film contest and to supporting the careers of local independent filmmakers through cash prizes accompanying the awards.
For interviews with Juli Emmons or Vasant Patel, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the livestream with Juli and Vasant here.
Links for the Patels:
Meet the Patels film –
Vasant Patel – https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6470460/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
Champa Patel – https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6470461/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
Links for the Made in Carolina’s:
Facebook fundraiser – https://www.facebook.com/donate/741550069628845/10156146836741540/
Social links for the Carolina Film Community:
Mark your calendars — the 2019 Made in Carolinas Film Project Red Carpet Premiere and screening will be on September 10, 2019 at Studio Movie Grille at the Epicentre!
Don’t miss the biggest event that CFC puts on all year! Get your tickets now for the Red Carpet event of Made in Carolinas 2019!
Each ticket is $10 per person and seats are limited, so get yours now!