Made in Carolinas 2019: 10 for 10
- All films must be an original work created for the Made In Carolinas 2019: 10 for 10 Film Project.
- Films must be shot within NC or SC.
- Filmmaker should choose a genre among the following:
- Comedy/Dark Comedy
- All films must have a plot that includes a 10th Anniversary of some kind (birthday, wedding anniversary, work anniversary, etc.)
- Films may be no more than 4 minutes not including credits.
- Films must include the official Carolina Film Community (CFC) logo at the end of the film. Logo provided for download.
- Films may not be screened or shared publicly before they are officially collected and released by CFC at the screening on September 10th, 2019. To do so would disqualify the film from the contest.
- All films must have been filmed between May 6, 2019 and August 6, 2019.
All films will be reviewed by an independent panel. The top 15 films (as well as the top 3 student films) will be accepted into the final round of the contest and viewed at our Red Carpet Screening on September 10, 2019.
Carolina Film Community (CFC) retains the rights to publicly screen any films submitted into the Made In Carolinas 2019 Film Project at any time as a means to promote CFC and CFC Film Contests, as well as the filmmaker.
Films should be submitted to Juli@carolinafilmcommunity.com or turned into the Made In Carolinas (CFC) monthly meetings no later than August 6th.
By entering your film into the contest, Made in Carolinas 2019: 10 for 10, you agree to the terms above.
For more information, email email@example.com.
$40 entry fee for non-members (This includes a yearly membership to Carolina Film Community–Yearly membership to CFC is $25 per year). To learn how to become a yearly member, click here.
$15 for student entries (students are recognized as anyone from kindergarten through 12th grade in high school).
- Best Film — $1500
- Most Creative Directing Style – Male Director — $1000
- Most Creative Directing Style – Female Director — $1000
- Best Actor — $500
- Best Actress — $500
- Most Interesting Use of Camera — $500
- Best Student Film — $1000
To include at the end of your video (only one required):
CFC's biggest event of the year is, without a doubt, Made in Carolinas.
The Made in Carolinas Film Project, formerly known as Made in Charlotte Film Project, is an annual, in house competition among our local filmmakers designed to encourage and promote filmmaking in the area. Once CFC made the decision to include not just Charlotte, but the whole Carolinas, the name of the contest was then changed as well.
As part of its commitment to growing film in Carolinas, the CFC launched its first “Made in Charlotte” film competition in 2010. Each team was asked to create a short film featuring the Queen of Spades playing card. Jason King and John Schwert won the contest with their film Pair of Queens, a dark comedy featuring friends George and Monty and the events upon waking after being super drunk at a Halloween party the night before. Since the creation of that film, Jason and John have seen to it that George and Monty have gone on to be the stars of even more short films and have again won another CFC contest in 2017 with the film “George and Monty: The Documentary.”
This competition has covered a variety of genres over the years and always challenged local filmmakers to step outside of their comfort zone.
One year the theme was “what scares you?” where each filmmaker was asked to create a short film based on a phobia. There were many unique takes on fear… some hilarious while others were scary!
Another year, filmmakers created a music video in tandem to a song of a local or independent artist. The idea behind this theme was to incorporate another area of the arts community in Charlotte.
With a new theme each year, CFC challenges this community to bring its best work to the table, and we are never disappointed.
Seeing how local filmmakers collaborate with one another and bring new and innovative ideas to this competition each year is what has made it our favorite annual tradition!