Grants for Emerging Film Artists sponsored by The Vasant and Champa Patel Foundation
Carolina Film Community is presenting the first in a series of filmmaking grants sponsored by The Vasant and Champa Patel Foundation
The winner of this grant will be awarded $5,000! Details of the requirements and distribution of funds are below.
Opens: April 7th, 2020
Closes: July 7th, 2020, 11:59pm
Level 1: CFC Advisory Council and Board Members (semi-finalists)
Level 2: Inclusive panel of 4 industry professionals outside of the Carolinas (finalists)
Level 3: Vasant and Champa Patel will provide final approval (winner)
- Applicant must be a creative artist looking for necessary funds to complete a creative project that will catapult their career as a Filmmaker forward.
- Applicant must not be a member of the CFC Board or Advisory Council.
- Applicant may submit as an individual, as part of a team, or as either a single or a partnership of corporate entities.
- PG-13 MPAA rating or lower
- Socially positive
Documentary or Narrative
Maximum 35 minutes
USE OF GRANT
For the turnkey production of one short film.
DELIVERY OF FUNDS
- 50% of total grant to be transferred before the start of production.
- 25% of total grant to be transferred upon delivery of a rough cut of the film.
- 25% of total grant to be transferred upon of a final edit of the film.
- Must deliver final edit of the film within 6 months of winning the grant.
- Must review feedback given by CFC board, council members, judges and Vasant Patel upon delivery of rough cut.
- Downloadable mp4 via wetransfer, google drive, vimeo, or dropbox.
- CFC logo in the end credits to be displayed for a runtime of at least 1 second.
- Filmmaker must report any submissions, acceptances, or awards received to CFC through an email containing a document of proof produced by the organization being submitted to, and a photo of the filmmaker with any award received.
- Filmmaker must report any delays in production and the reasons for the delays to CFC.
- CFC reserves the right to promote the film and its Filmmaker(s), including the use of the Filmmaker’s bio; headshot; relevant links; photos of the Filmmaker, cast, crew or production; bio’s of the cast and crew; any marketing material produced by the Filmmaker, cast, or crew related to this film; and any press, to the press and through its own social media pages, webpages, on any other marketing material, or by holding a public or private screening either digitally or in person.
- CFC allows the Filmmaker to retain screening premiere rights for 1 year after delivery of the final cut for the purpose of submitting to film festivals which require premiere rights.
DELIVERY OF MARKETING MATERIAL
- Filmmaker must deliver at least 1 fully edited video of at least 1 minute of behind the scenes footage that would receive a PG rating by the MPAA, along with delivery of the rough cut of their film.
- Filmmaker must deliver at least 12 raw photos of the cast and crew behind the scenes along with delivery of the rough cut of their film.
- Script for Narratives, Treatment for Documentaries
- Statement from Filmmaker(s)
- Bio of Filmmaker and any Attached Cast and Crew
- Reel or link to 1-3 films made by Filmmaker(s)
- 1-2 References
Please send an email with application requirements to email@example.com
Feel free to copy the following bullet points into an email and be sure to provide notes for each point.
1. Script for Narratives, Treatment for Documentaries
2. Statement from Filmmaker(s)
3. Bio of Filmmaker and any Attached Cast and Crew
6. Reel or link to 1-3 films made by Filmmaker(s)
7. 1-2 References