- All films must be an original work created for the Made In Carolinas 2021: What If? Film Contest
- Films must be shot within NC or SC.
- Film must keep away from politics…let’s think outside the box!
- Each film should tell a story of “What If”?
- For example: “What if JFK was never shot?” , “What if I married the other guy?”, “What if my dad hadn’t gotten cancer?”
- All films must have the prop: A clock reading 12:00 (can be digital or analog clock)
- Films may be no more than 5 minutes not including credits.
- Films must include the official Carolina Film Community (CFC) logo at the end of the film. Logo provided for download.
- Films may not be screened or shared publicly before they are officially collected and released by CFC at the screening on September 14th, 2021. To do so would disqualify the film from the contest.
- All films must have been filmed between April 7, 2021 and August 3, 2021. Films MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER than August 3, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
All films will be reviewed by an independent panel. The top 15 films (as well as the top 5 student films) will be accepted into the final round of the contest and viewed at our Red Carpet Screening on September 14, 2021.
Carolina Film Community (CFC) retains the rights to publicly screen any films submitted into the Made In Carolinas 2021 Film Project at any time as a means to promote CFC and CFC Film Contests, as well as the filmmaker.
Films should be submitted to Juli@carolinafilmcommunity.com or turned into the CFC monthly meetings no later than August 3, 2020.
By entering your film into the contest, Made in Carolinas 2021: What If?, you agree to the terms above.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$15 entry fee for CFC yearly members. If you are not sure about your yearly membership standing, email juli@
$40 entry fee for non-members (This includes a yearly membership to Carolina Film Community–Yearly membership to CFC is $25 per year). To learn how to become a yearly member here.
$15 for student entries (students are recognized as anyone from kindergarten through 12th grade in high school).
Fees can be paid here:
Best Student Film
To include at the end of your video (only one required):